At TechMySpace we use all our skills to bring you the best possible experience. Whether it’s mounting that LED TV on the wall, connecting those speakers or speeding up the broadband connection for a more responsive gaming experience. We can help design systems and advise on features with the aim of future proofing your investment.
TV Sources Summary
There are many difference ways of receiving TV and many reasons for wanting them. The selection process is mainly lifestyle and cost driven. The main sources are shown to the right – hover your mouse over each item to see the pro’s and con’s of each.
Entertainment / AV.
As well as considering what you want to watch it’s worth thinking about what device you will use and the features you want. We offer a range to Audio Video (AV) systems depending on your requirements. These range from a simple dish to fully featured home cinema installation.
- Recording and time shifting: possible on most forms of visual entertainment, great if viewing is likely to be interrupted.
- Non-Subscription options: Although these are free per month, you normally have to pay for any additional hardware and often any installation costs.
- Films: Can often be streamed on smart devices or paid services or independently via their own provider (Netflix, LoveFilm and Amazon) for a small charge.
- OnDemand (OD): Steaming TV (I Player, YouTube) use Broad-Band (BB) to get the picture, so requires a High Speed connection. NB Some streaming systems can access legal content, often pre-release files stored in a volatile environment and not encouraged. OD requires a minimum 2mb for Standard definition and over 3-4 for HD. Due to large amount of data, it is advisable to use an unlimited BB plan but can be used via Wi-Fi or even mobile BB.
TV is often the centre of a room and used for many purposes, entertainment, fun, games, education etc.; as such, it is worth some consideration.
- TV: Most common viewing medium, large, clear viewing area and decreasing cost. All current TV’s include a FreeVeiw tuner often with Full HD, many have Smart options and a few include a FreeSat tuner. Smart TV’s need BB either cabled or Wi-Fi and although costs are continuously dropping, these features tend to be slow, clumsy and currently are often replicated [duplicated better] by other equipment (smart phone, tables, PC’s etc).
- PC: Increasingly common in small houses and flats as it allows the processing power and storage available in modern PC’s and Laptops to be used for both work and play. Requires BB for OD or a TV card to allow FreeSat / FreeView. Most recent computers have a HDMI output that can be easily used to reproduce the picture on a large TV.
- Tables: Usually used for private viewing of OD services. Requires a broad band signal, usually via Wi-Fi for portability and freedom.
- Phone: same as tables but smaller picture
There are many different providers, each with different pros and cons., below is a short synopsis of the commonly available options. The best option depends on what you watch, where you live and of cause your budget. If you need a more detail please contact us, we will need to know your interests and the area you live in.
TV Wall Mounting
Wall mounting TV’s is a quick and easy way to declutter a small room or make a statement in a larger room. At TechMySpace, we mount TV’s for many reasons and our expertise can help select the correct locations. We have designed surrounding walls and furniture to highlight the TV while hiding the brackets and wiring.
In a commercial environment it is common practice to mount CCTV monitors on desk or ceiling pole mounts. This gives a clear visual message to customers and employees that the system is working without taking up valuable floor space.
TMS is happy to advise and make recommendations from the earliest stage of a project or work to existing specifications. We can install cables and connect existing equipment or terminate the cables for future proofing.
Prewiring is becoming more popular, not just in high end houses but increasingly to add market value and to protect rental properties. Flexibility is key to all properties, be it working from home, entertaining at work, TMS can help increase overall productivity. Correctly designed and installed systems can help prevent messy and redundant wiring.
A small investment in Tech, especially during the build or redesign stage, we can add significant value to your property, not to mention your standard of living. We have helped people increase the flexibility of their existing AV products often without adding a single visible wire.