Old WiFi Speed on the customer’s PC in their office.
- Unstable (jumping other temporary Wi-Fi Hosts)
- Slow (weak signal)
- dropouts (caused by interference)
New Wi-Fi Access Point (AP) install and configured.
- TMS Obtained more than a 3 fold increase in Download speed (11 to 36 Mbps)
- WI-Fi dead spots covered
- WiFi Printing unaffected
- Cat 5 ports now available in the new extension.
- Unaffected by 4 thick stone walls
- New Wi-Fi is stable
Customer was suffering from a weak Wi-Fi signal at their office on the far side of a large period property with very thick stone walls. The obvious solution would have been to install cat5/6 cable to a new Access Point (AP) but this was not an acceptable or cost effective solution.
TMS was able to configure a network system that reused some existing non-network wiring and create a new AP and switch in the new extension. The solution produced a quick, clean and reliable network solution that meet all the requirements, including retaining the wireless printing across the network to the old part of the house.